Sunday 11 April 2010

Meerkat throwdown.

Recently I designed a mural for The Samuel Lewis Estate in Camberwell in conjunction with Signal Project, Groundwork London and Southern Housing Group.
After a couple of sessions with the young people from the estate I decided on incorporating nature into the final design. The idea of the meerkat came about as they are possibly next to Ostriches the funniest animals on the planet.
In the main picture the head meerkat is looking out across the piece and this was referenced from a picture I had of the head meerkat looking out for predators whilst the others feed. As soon as he makes a noise they all scarper. Hmm, I kind of see that in the human world too.

I was joined on this wall by Luke and Mark from Signal project and we managed to get it done from start to finish in 3 days. I have to say a big thanks to the weather for blessing us with sunshine on the last 2 days and boosting the vitamin D levels to the maximum.

First on the wall gets to paint

Some kind of car I guess

Everyone up on the wall.

Armed with supersoaker

A whole heap of names

Head meerkat in charge

The mural livens up the wall

No words, just nature

The meerkat, he watches and waits..

Paint your environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment